Zero Tolerance towards Abuse
Customers are responsible for all scripts, data and other objects on their accounts. Abusive scripts are scripts which interfere with our systems and/or the accounts of other customers, cause harm to any other computer system or user, or engage in any type of fraudulent activity. Any account found to be the source of abusive scripts will be immediately suspended and investigated, and subject to action as detailed under Illegal Content below. We will always notify customers and, where necessary, fully co-operate with the authorities.
You must not use the service for the transmission of illegal material. You agree to refrain from sending or receiving any materials which may be deemed to be offensive, abusive, indecent, defamatory, obscene, menacing or otherwise as prohibited by current and future statutes in force. You agree to refrain from sending or receiving any material which may be in breach of copyright (including Intellectual Property Rights), confidence, privacy or other rights. If you are in any doubt as to the legality of what you are doing, or propose to do, you should take independent legal advice.
- All content uploaded to your your hosting service, including dedicated and VDS servers, must conform to UK law. It is the user’s sole responsibility to ensure this. Storage, distribution of or transmission of illegal materials may lead to investigation and possible prosecution by the relevant authorities.
- You must not gain or attempt to gain unauthorised access to any computer systems for any purpose. Such action may lead to criminal prosecution under the Computer Misuse Act.
- You must not send data to the internet using forged addresses or data which is deliberately designed to adversely affect remote machines (including but not limited to denial of service (DDoS), worms and viruses, trojans and ping storms).
- You must ensure that local PCs and network connected servers are not configured to allow open relay and must not participate in the sending of unsolicited bulk email (commonly referred to as ‘spam’ ,’UBE’,’UCE’ ).
- You are prohibited from running ‘port scanning’ or other software intended to probe, scan, test the vulnerability of or access remote systems or networks except in circumstances where the remote user has given express permission for this to be done. We may ask for evidence of such permission.
- You must take all reasonable steps to ensure that your password and login credentials remain confidential.
- Open proxy servers are not permitted under any circumstances and will result in immediate termination of service.
- Sites must not contain ‘hateful’ material or content which seeks to incite hate.
- Sites must not contain images, videos, depictions or descriptions of pornography which is unlawful in the UK or which is deemed to be distasteful at our sole discretion.
- Sites must not contain ‘warez’, copyrighted music/videos or links to such content. It is the sole responsibility of the user to ensure that they have the rights to distribute any content displayed on their website.
- Sites must conform to UK copyright law.
We undertake to take action required under the provisions of the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act and will fully cooperate with the appropriate UK authorities.
Acceptable Email Usage
We have a zero-tolerance policy against spam and the sending of bulk, unsolicited e-mail is prohibited at all times. Customers who abuse the email service will be notified that their behaviour is unacceptable and may have their accounts suspended, terminated or blocked at our sole discretion.
- You agree not to send emails that might cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to a recipient.
- You agree not to send any emails likely to cause distress or any material which is offensive, indecent, obscene, menacing or in any way unlawful.
- You agree to have a clear opt out policy in all newsletter communications.
- You must not use our mail services or network to send email to any user who does not wish to receive it.
- You must not use our mail services or network to send unsolicited email, in bulk (commonly known as ‘spam’) or individually.
- You must not use our mail services or network with intent to deprive others of service (‘mail bomb’).
- You must not use false mail headers or alter the headers of mail messages in such a way as to conceal the identity of the sender.
- You must not use any email address that you are not authorised to use.
- You must ensure that any email servers connected to our network and operated by you are not configured to allow ‘open relay’.
- You must take full responsibility for your own email reputation, Tsohost can not guarantee a positive reputation.
Web usage includes the use of web space provided with client accounts, web hosting on our servers and the use of web services and space on customer colocated servers. We cannot and do not proactively monitor content on any web space maintained by customers (whether customer space, web hosted or colocated services) and cannot and do not guarantee that such sites are free of illegal content or other materials that may be considered unacceptable.
- You undertake sole responsibility for the content of web pages owned and/or operated by you – whether on client pages, web hosted space or colocated servers – within our domain or other domains hosted within our network.
- You undertake sole responsibility to ensure that all materials on any website owned or operated by you contains material that you have created or have permission to use.
- You undertake sole responsibility for any dispute involving Copyright or Intellectual Property Rights associated with your site or service.
- You must not use your website or web service to promote or distribute any material or content that is illegal (under any current or future legislation). You should be aware that the internet is a global communications network and what may be legal in the UK may be illegal elsewhere and leave you liable to prosecution in another country.
Legal adult content as defined by UK law is allowed on our servers however you must inform us as we will host your site on a separate IP to prevent any SEO implications for other clients.
We may undertake investigation of content services if potential abuse is brought to our attention and we reserve the right to remove any web page on our servers at any time and for any reason. Any accounts found to be abusive, contain illegal content or otherwise break our terms of service will be liable for immediate termination with no refund.